Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton, Enfield, Monken, Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham
A History of the County of Middlesex
- A. P. Baggs (author)
- Diane K. Bolton (author)
- Eileen P. Scarff (author)
- G. C. Tyack (author)
Farther north buildings clustered at the junction of Chase Side and New Lane (later Lancaster Road) in 165689 and by 1754 stretched intermittently from Parsonage Lane northward to Phipps Hatch gate90. Some small 18th- and early-19th-century houses and shops survive in Chase Side and its northern continuation, Brigadier Hill. They Holly Bush inn was recorded in 175291 and a large weatherboarded house at the bottom of Brigadier Hill is 18th century. Other large houses farther up the hill, including the Cedars, Brigadier House, and Warwick House92, have been demolished.